Delicious breakfast that’s high in protein, flavor, and nutrition! This zucchini potato cheesy omelet is low in calories and very filling.Jump to Recipe
Zucchini Potato Cheese Omelet Nutrition
The calories for this zucchini and potato omelet is 206 calories. The macros are 22 g protein, 9 grams carbs, and 9 grams of fat.
Eggs are also so versatile. They can taste different every day. And, it is more natural to incorporate veggies into a food like eggs than oatmeal. Lol.
Using the last zucchini from my garden, and a lonely old potato from my counter, I included them both in my eggs for breakfast. But, I sliced them SUPER thin with one of the attachments on my spiralizer.
I also used the thin sliced Sergento cheddar cheese. You don’t really have to spend the extra money for the thin sliced. It’s regular cheese, but at just half the weight, making it easy to have 45 calories, rather than 90. You could definitely just use 1/2 ounce of cheese instead.
You can also substitute this with fat free cheese. Although, it’s hit or miss whether I can find fat free cheese at the grocery store. The only one in my area that carries it is Walmart, and it’s not always available when I’m there.
How to make a veggie packed cheesy omelet
OK- I wouldn’t say it’s “packed with veggies”, but I will say, a lot of veggies gets cooked down and suddenly it’s not that much. To keep the carbs low, I only used 50 grams of the zucchini, and 50 grams of potato.
I cooked this up on a hot skillet with some cooking spray.
Then, I poured the eggs on top, and cooked both sides before adding the cheese.
Once the cheese was added, I folded it in half and it was finished! Just like that, you have a zucchini potato cheese omelet!
High Protein Zucchini Potato Omelet
- 50 g zucchini
- 50 g potato
- 1 medium Egg
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1 slice thin sliced 45 calorie cheddar cheese
- Using the thin/flat slicer attachment on my spiralizer, I cut half a potato and half a zucchini into thin slices. You can also just slice thin with a knife.
- Then, I cooked those in a skillet just till it was hot all the way through and a big soft.
- Then, I whisked 1 egg and 3 egg whites, and poured it over the potato and zucchini.
- When the eggs set and cooked through, I flipped the whole thing, and added the cheese to half the omelet. Then, folded the other half on top of it.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Other Zucchini Recipes
- Low Fat Low Calorie Zucchini Bread
- Grilled Zucchini Fritters
- Gluten Free Mini Zucchini Muffins
- Very Low Calorie Zucchini Lasagna