This recipe isn’t your standard Italian Ice. Even without added sugar, It’s so much sweeter and full of flavor! I used sugar free raspberry Jello mix, with a full bag of frozen raspberries (which are a good source of fiber) and it was PERFECT!!Jump to Recipe
This recipe for no sugar added Italian Ice has 48 calories, 2 g protein, 9 g carbs, and 0 grams fat, 5 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of natural sugar from the raspberries only!
What is Italian Ice
Italian Ice is usually a mix of fruit, water and sugar. While freezing, the mixture is stirred frequently, to break up the ice crystals and have a dessert you can eat with a spoon, rather than chisel away like an ice sculpture.
How to make sugar free Italian Ice
To get the sweetness of classic Italian Ice, without adding sugar, I used sugar free raspberry jello! This was the ticket to not only HIGH sweetness and flavor, but also keeping it creamy and spoonable.
Typically, Italian Ice and fruit sorbet is already dairy free, but there is usually a substantial amount of sugar added. Add a little milk, and it becomes more like a sherbet. But sometimes, the flavor isn’t that strong. Adding some raspberry sugar free Jello mix to this made ALL the difference. It was bursting with flavor!!
When you are losing weight or in a calorie deficit, I want as much flavor as possible for as few calories as possible. (read how to calculate your calorie deficit here). Every calorie counts, and adding sugar to anything will increase the calories substantially. Following a meal plan is a great way to budget for calories you can splurge on.
There’s no need to add sugar, and get more flavor when there are products like sugar free Jello mix on the market! So, my final Italian Ice recipe included:
- 1 cup boiling water, mixed with
- 1 box sugar free raspberry @jello mix (3 ounce size)
- 1 cup cold water
- 10 oz bag frozen raspberries
Mix Jello (or any brand sugar free Raspberry Gelatin, with 1 cup boiling water.
Add 1 cup cold water and stir. Add 1, ten ounce bag of frozen raspberries. Put in freezer for 2-3 hours, while removing to stir every 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from freezer, stir again and enjoy!! If you freeze this overnight and it’s rock solid, remove from freezer and let thaw slightly for about 30-60 minutes or until you can stir it.
I can’t wait to do this with strawberry next!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Sugar Free Raspberry Jello Italian Ice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 box sugar free raspberry Jello Mix
- 10 ounce frozen raspberries
- Mix Jello (or any brand sugar free Raspberry Gelatin, with 1 cup boiling water.
- Add 1 cup cold water and stir.
- Add 1, ten ounce bag of frozen raspberries. Put in freezer for 2-3 hours, taking out to mix every 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer, stir and enjoy!!
- If you freeze this overnight and it's rock solid, remove from freezer and let thaw slightly for about 30-60 minutes or until you can stir it.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!