Feed your family healthy, delicious food with these low calorie slow cooker recipes. Little effort but lots of flavor!
Why You Should Try These Crockpot Recipes
Whether you work or stay at home, being a parent means that you are BUSY! Often, this means that exercise and healthy eating get put on the back burner. BUT, your health doesn’t have to be a low priority.
In fact, there is a lot you can do to lose weight or maintain a health weight.
Of course, the best combination for a healthy lifestyle is combining healthy eating with exercise. However, your diet itself can do a lot to impact your weight and how you feel.
For weight loss, you need to create a calorie deficit. And for weight maintenance, it is really important to practice portion control. For me, I didn’t really see any real progress until I started counting my calories.
And while I hated it at first, I have come to actually really appreciate calorie counting. I’ve worked hard to lose weight, and I want to keep it off!! See here if you want to learn more about my weight loss journey.
That all being said, I am a big fan of both low calorie recipes and crockpot meals. Healthy slow cooker recipes allow me to take care of my family while also focussing on my health goals. If you’re anything like me, you will love these 400 calorie recipes!
Low Calorie Slow Cooker Recipes
There are all kinds of low calorie slow cooker recipes, which I think is amazing!! You can make soup, chili, stew, flavored meat, and so much more! Bellow I’ve included a variety of 400 calorie recipes.
1.Turkey Chili – A Healthy Turkey Chili recipe that is tasty, simple and made in the crockpot or instant pot with no beans. Paleo, whole30 and easy to make! This healthy chili recipe is great for serving over cauliflower rice for a Whole30 option, regular rice, tortilla chips or just on its own!
What I love about this chili is that it’s evidence that low calorie slow cooker recipes can be meals themselves or be combined with other low calorie ingredients/dishes.
Serving Size: 1.5 cups –> 225 calories, 6g fat, 15g carbs, 30g protein
2. Crockpot Vegetable Soup – This crock pot vegetable soup with lentils is made with all kids of vegetables. It’s a nutrient-dense, low calorie meal that is also great for meal prepping! Perfect for anyone who is dairy free, gluten free, or vegan.
Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe –> nutrition not listed
3. Chicken Stew – This Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with hearty chunks of juicy chicken and tender vegetables in a light creamy broth is just the thing for a cold day. Pair it with some low calorie homemade bread, and you’re good to go.
Serving Size: 2 cups –> 340 calories, 7g fats, 43g carbs, 24g protein
4. Butternut Squash Soup – If you enjoy smooth, warm soup, this Butternut Squash Soup recipe is the one for you. Made from wholesome ingredients, this naturally vegetarian and gluten-free dish just feels like fall. Great comfort food!
Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe –> 191 calories, 4g fat, 40g carbs, 4g protein
5. Slow Cooker Stuffed Tomatoes – These Greek Slow Cooker Stuffed Tomatoes or Gemista are stuffed with rice and fresh herbs and baked in a tomato sauce. This twist on a classic Greek dish can be made with or without ground meat (for a vegan option) for a super easy, low calorie slow cooker meal!
Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Tomato –> 328 calories, 17g fat, 34g carbs, 11g protein
6. Crockpot Carnitas – A favorite Sunday dinner meal at our house is big burritos with crockpot carnitas. I love simple recipes, and this 6 ingredient one is just that. Serve with burritos (like us) or in tacos, over roasted potatoes, or in a salad! And if you want other Sunday dinner meal ideas, see here.
Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe –> 8g fat, 1g carbs, 25g protein
7. Spicy Pork Posole – Do you like Mexican food? I do!! Posole is a soul-warming Mexican stew featuring hominy and pork in a savory broth. This shortcut slow cooker version will keep you warm all winter! And for just 104 calories a bowl!
Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe –> 104 calories, 4g fat, 2g carbs, 12g protein
8. Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken – I eat chicken or ground turkey and rice A LOT! So, I am always looking for ways to shake up how I prepare those foods. This Fiesta Chicken only needs 5 ingredients, and there’s no chopping or prep work needed! Just my kind of meal.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe –> 215 calories, 7g fat, 21g carbs, 19g protein
9. Colorado Pork Green Chili – Here is another stew-type meal you can make in bulk either for a crowd or as meal prep. Colorado-style pork green chili is an easy-to-make and flavorful green pork chili recipe that doesn’t require husking tomatillos or seeding jalapeños!
Serving Sizes: 1/8 of the recipe –> 11g fat, 13g carbs, 22g protein
10. Maple Dijon Chicken – This crockpot maple dijon chicken is an easy, hands-off dinner made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a few kitchen staples. Make this low calorie slow cooker meal and then pair it with something like these amazing salads!
Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe –> 275 calories, 5g fat, 14g carbs, 39g protein
11. Chicken Kale Soup – I know what you’re thinking, but don’t pass on this just because of the kale! This soup is simple to throw together and is delicious and nutritious. In order to make this, just dump everything but the kale in a slow cooker, walk away for a few hours, shred the chicken, add the kale, and you’re done.
Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe –> 130 calories, 3g fat, 7g carbs, 19g protein
12. Asian Sesame Chicken – Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Chicken is an easy, 4 ingredient chicken recipe that’s made in the slow cooker for a simple, dump & go dinner recipe. On busy nights, this can be a life saver!
Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe –> 322 calories, 21g fat,16g carbs,18g protein
Give one of these low calorie slow cooker meals a try!