This delicious and healthy protein ice cream couldn’t be easier. With chocolate cookies, vanilla protein powder and almond milk, you’ll have the perfect ice cream that meets your weight loss goals.Jump to Recipe
This cookies and cream protein ice cream has 180 calories, 22 grams protein , 16 g carbs, 3 g fat, 4 g fiber, 198 mg sodium.
2 Ways to Make Protein Ice Cream
Protein ice cream has become a staple in my diet. I make it two ways.
The second way is to take frozen fruit and blend it with protein powder, and you have instant protein ice cream.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Protein Ice Cream
For the cookies and cream flavor, I decided to freeze the whole thing, because I didn’t want any fruit flavors in the ice cream. Just pure vanilla with some crushed chocolate cookies mixed in.
So, the only three ingredients I used were:
- Vanilla protein powder – I used Clean Simple Eats vanilla. This actually doesn’t matter so much for the taste, but for the calories and macros it does matter. The Clean simple eats protein has more carbs and fewer calories than traditional pure protein powder does. So, if you use a different protein powder, you’ll want to recalculate the macros!
- Vanilla unsweetened almond milk– At 30 calories per cup, this is a must!
- And crushed chocolate cookies. I actually used chocolate teddy grahams, because that’s what I had in my pantry, and they worked great!
After the protein powder is blended with the almond milk, I stirred the cookies in gently and then put it in the freezer.
The downside of protein ice cream this way, is it gets solid as a rock and sometimes icy. I’ve always had to take the ice cream out of the freezer and let sit on the counter top for about 10 minutes before scooping into it.
For the icy part, stirring the ice cream while it’s setting up to freeze sometimes helps! The more often you stir it, the creamier it get in the end.
Give this cookies and cream protein ice cream and try and let me know how you like it!!
3 Ingredient Cookies and Cream Protein Ice Cream
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (CSE) (I used clean simple eats vanilla)
- 8 ounces Almond milk (vanilla unsweetened)
- 24 mini chocolate teddy grahams
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- Blend protein powder and almond milk in a blender. Pour into a freezer safe dish.
- Crush chocolate cookies, and gently stir in.
- Freeze until hardened (4-6 hours). Then, when you are ready to eat it, remove from freezer and let sit on counter to soften for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop into bowl and eat!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!