Black Bean and Corn Salad make for a healthy, low calorie lunch! With black beans, leftover chicken, corn from the cob, and feta cheese, it’s a quick and easy high protein dish.Jump to Recipe
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
I wish the corn in the photo above was more yellow, but I LOVE sweet white corn! I always have some on hand, and eat it frequently! Plus, fresh corn isn’t too yellow yet. I think I need to wait until later in the season to see corn that looks yellow.
Nevertheless, I couldn’t wait to get this recipe up. Mostly for myself. Sometimes I’ll make something that I like so much and want to eat it every day, and then a few months later I forget about it! So, this is here to document and remind me, that I love black bean and corn salad.
What ingredients are in Black Bean and Corn Salad?
In order to make this corn salad high in protein, I used three other ingredients. I used:
- Grilled chicken, leftover from dinner, or just cooked ahead like I do a lot during food prep. (See an example of my high protein food prep here.) Whenever I use chicken for a meal, I usually pull out a 3 ounce cooked portion, and count it in MyFitnessPal as 4 ounces raw.
- Black beans. Black beans are a good source of protein, fiber, and even antioxidants. 1/2 cup of cooked black beans have about 100 calories, 19 grams of carbs, almost 4 grams of protein, and almost no fat.
- Fat Free Feta Cheese – 1 ounce of fat free feta cheese actually has 7 grams of protein, and it makes EVERY salad better! .
- Bolthouse Ranch for the dressing. You can find Bolthouse brand dressings in the produce dept. If you’ve spent any time in my meal plans, you’ll know, I use this dressing almost exclusively. It tastes so good and is only 25 calories per tablespoon. I will probably NEVER go back to regular ranch dressing again!
- And corn! Whether you cut it off the cob, buy it frozen, or even open a can, corn is good for you! 1/2 cup of corn is 75 calories, about 12 grams carbs, 3 grams protein, and about 3 grams of fiber.
How long does Black Bean and Corn Salad last?
The great thing about salads that you eat cold with the dressing like this, is that chilling it actually makes it taste even better. I like this black bean and corn salad best after 12 hours in the fridge.
This corn salad can last up to 4 days, but the best days are 2 & 3. That’s why I love making this ahead of time for potlucks or Sunday dinner. You can make the mess on Saturday. Chill it in the fridge for dinner the next day, and it’s one less thing to make.
What to eat with Black Bean Corn Salad
If you choose to use black bean and corn salad for a side dish, rather than lunch, I’d serve it with a fruity salad and a main meat (even though the black bean corn salad has chicken, it does feel more like a “side dish”.
- Chicken Fajita Rollups
- chicken nuggets
- a Bunless Turkey Burger
- Italian Chicken Kabobs
- Pink salad or pistachio salad.
Watch the News segment with this corn salad
Recently, I was invited to do a segment on daytime Television with this salad. You can catch the replay here!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cooked
- 90 grams cooked corn (2/3 cup)
- 50 grams black beans
- 1 ounce fat free feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Bolthouse ranch dressing
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Chill and serve.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!