A waffle iron doesn’t have to be just for waffles! Try my go-to healthy Waffle Iron recipes for easy cooking and clean up.
Recently, I did a segment on my local TV station with some ways to use your waffle iron that might not be waffles! (watch video below!)
I love using a waffle iron because you can put your healthy breakfast on the waffle iron, instead of the skillet, and basically walk away without burning your food.
I also like that it’s easy to clean up (meaning, I don’t really clean it beyond wiping it down). So, without further ado- here are 8 DELICIOUS breakfast recipes to use in your waffle iron!
- Eggs and veggies
- Eggs and veggies are so easy! Simple whisk your eggs together, and add chopped veggies like peppers, mushrooms, or onions. Pour onto waffle iron sprayed with cooking spray and close the lid. Cook until no longer runny.
- French Toast
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Dip a slice of bread on both sides with the egg mixture. Place on a waffle iron, sprayed with cooking spray and cook!
- Egg and cheese sandwich (see full post for an egg and cheese sandwich here)
- Crack an egg onto the waffle iron and close the lid. Let it cook. Open and add the cheese and close again to allow cheese to melt and then get crispy. Remove the egg, and place one slice of bread on the waffle iron, then the egg and cheese, and a second slice of bread. Close the lid and cook again until the bread is crispy.
- All you need for this is shredded russet potatoes and a little dab of butter! Close the waffle iron and let cook long enough to get crispy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Other Waffle Recipes You Might Like
- Cake Batter Chaffles
- Cookies and cream chaffles
- Chocolate protein waffles
- Chicken parmesan chaffle (for a savory breakfast)
- As a bread substitute